True Metalic Gold

After some discussion about my last tutorial It made me clear that my turorials need to be much better and not be made fast.
So with this knowlage I give You my second tutorial on painting True Metalic Gold :D
Enjoy:)

1) PRIMING

I primed the shield black but you can also use white if you prefer to have more brighter colors.










2) BASECOAT

Next was to paint the shield with Old Gold from Vallejo from the metallic range that are based on alcohol and are very good if You want to have a nice smooth layer of gold with one stroke of a brush.
After that I determined where will be my light source so I could determine where would be the bright and dark area.





3) SHADING

I diluted Vallejo brown ink with water in a 1:3 proportion and painted the whole gold with it twice.
Then i diluted it again but now in a 1:5 proportion and stared painting from the start of the dark area to the botom of the shield.
Always remembert after each stroke I started painting a little farther then the last stroke. (I took me about 10-14 strokes to get this effect)
Paint until You get a similar efect that is on the picture.


4) RE-HIGLIGHT

Using a thined down Valejjo Old Gold with Water (1:3 proportion)
(VMC this time, NOT THE ONE U USED AT THE BEGINING!!!)
Paint the brighter parts of the shield.







5) HIGHLIGHTING

Now take Yellow ink from Valejjo , mix it with water in a 1:3 proportion and
start brushing the similar whey U brushed the shades but this time to the top of the shield starting from the bright area border.








6) FINISHING TOUCH

When You will be happy with the effect. Make a glaze with Brown ink and water (1 :10 proportion) and paint one time the whole shield.
Then You can do extreme highlight with a mix of Old Gold (VMC) , White (VMC) and Water (1:1:1 proportion).








Finish it with satin varnish and there You have it :)
True Metallic Gold done my way :)

Maybe not the best way but still my way :D

Thx for reading , please comment and tell me if this time the tutorial was good :)

Link to full resolution tutorial





0 comments :

Post a Comment